Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all aspects of the injection molding process including, but not limited to maintain, modify and optimize the injection molding processes to minimize scrap, reduce downtime and optimize cycle time, including programming and setting up parameters of injection molding machines. Set up and tear down.
- Respond to problems by performing corrective technical solutions and ability to troubleshoot molding problems.
- Participate or lead in troubleshooting and problem-solving projects
- Recommend modification to existing methods or procedures
- Work with production and quality personnel to ensure molded components meet requirements and adjust as needed
- Generate documentation on molding processes that can be used to ensure reproducibility and control
- Work with sales, quality, and manufacturing departments during concept, prototyping and release of new products
- Following established procedures in order to maintain a clean and organized environment
- Work safely, following all safety policies and proactively participate in the safe work of others and the safety of the overall environment
- Perform mold validations
- Act as a mentor and technical resource for other team members and the new members learning technical functions
- Perform other miscellaneous support work to enable the team to be successful and as requested by plant leadership. Assist in the duties of other team members, including helping to cover break times, etc.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with little or no supervision (after training).
- Knowledge or willingness to learn good safety practices
- Good organizational skills
- Must be proactive and show initiative in taking on and completing injection molding projects
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work flexible hours, if needed
Experience & Skill Requirements:
|Years in similar position:||0 (Willing to train)|
|Years in work force:||3 (Experience with plastic molding preferred)|
|Years with DPI:||0|
- High-school diploma
- Advanced technical training or formal education required