Medical Alley Starts and DPI Service Grant
As a co-sponsor with Medical Alley Starts, Diversified Plastics, Inc. (DPI) is offering three qualifying businesses a grant valued up to $7,500 for Acceleration Station™ engineering and or production services. See below for grant application deadlines. Starts is a Medical Alley Association initiative to lower the cost of starting, scaling and pivoting new ventures in the health innovation and care market segments.
The Acceleration Station, from DPI, produces high-quality plastic parts faster. These services, including the Carbon® Digital Light Synthesis™ (DLS™) additive manufacturing process, deliver production and prototype components in days, not weeks without tooling. Carbon DLS is up to 100 times faster than traditional additive methods. Acceleration Station protocols adheres precisely to your specifications, performance and safety standards.
Submit an application for the 2022 Acceleration Station service grant. Applicants will be selected by Medical Alley Starts and DPI. All applications must meet these qualifying criteria:
- Minnesota-based company.
- A medical device startup developing a class 1 or class 2 product with plastic as a primary material.
- Have developed a business plan and initial management team (can be fractional or full time).
- Initial product concept is developed sufficiently where prototype production, engineering and design for additive manufacturing will advance the business.
Submission deadline and award decision given by the following dates:
- June 15, 2022 deadline – Award decision by July 15, 2022
- September 30, 2022 deadline – Award decision by October 15, 2022
- December 15, 2022 deadline – Award decision by January 31, 2023